Thursday, November 3

My complete mortification

Maryanne once entitled a post of hers by these words, and I feel that I now need to apply them to me.

I had just finished my French exam (and of course, it wasn't nearly as hard as I had imagined - but I'm still not convinced I did well) and there was a girl from my class who followed me into the elevator in the library. We made the usual pleasantries like, "what did you get for this?" "I put this, but I think you're right," etc. The bonus question on the exam had asked us to write about an article presented in class by another student. French girl mentioned what article she had talked about, and I asked her who had presented it. She responded, "I don't remember anyone's name.. I mean, except yours, because we went to high school together."

I am now completely mortified. I do not remember this person at all. Excuse me while I go home and tear apart my yearbook.

-M.

4 Comments:

Blogger Queen of West Procrastination said...

Who? Who? Did she go to our high school, or to your old one? Maybe she was in a younger grade? Maybe she was in choir, which would be why she'd recognise you and not you her (you know, because we'd be all the cool older ones in all the stuff, and you DID star in a one act play...).

I miss you! And you still haven't sent me a picture of your dress!

November 03, 2005 7:43 p.m.  
Blogger Meg Persson said...

I can't find her in either the 97-98 yearbook or the 96-97 one. It's possible that she went to my previous high-school, but I think it's more likely that she's playing with my head.

November 06, 2005 11:11 p.m.  
Blogger Jen said...

Maybe she's lost a lot of weight, gained a lot of weight, cut off an armload of hair, had a name change, had a car accident and plastic surgery, or in another way drastially altered her identifying traits.

Wasn't that positive and helpful?

December 04, 2005 7:40 p.m.  
Blogger Meg Persson said...

No, it turns out she was in grade nine when I was in grade 12. It's sort of a fact of nature that we tend to remember the people in higher grades more than we do those in younger grades. Apparently she was in band though, so you'd think I'd remember...

December 12, 2005 12:30 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home