Wednesday, December 1

Speeding through school zones

Song in my head right now: That 'Signs' song.. it's really old.. you know.. signs, signs everywhere are signs, breakin' up the scenery breakin' my mind, do this don't do that, can't you read the signs?
I also intermitently have 'Creepin' In' by Norah Jones and Dolly Parton (yes, you heard that right - Dolly Parton!). I will often have two songs fighting for airtime in my head at once.

Question of the day: What superhero inspires you?
I think I identify most with Superman. A lot of times I feel like this quiet, geeky person and sometimes I'd love to just lash out and do something super cool. I used to imagine I could do awesome things to impress people, but then if I ACTUALLY did something cool and people drew attention to it, I'd be super embarassed. Yeah, I definitely have a Superman/Clark Kent complex goin' on. In the words of Jane Austen, I have the unfortunate taciturn dispostion of being not willing to speak unless I can amaze the whole room.

Ok, Blog starts.............................now.

Hello everyone, and welcome to my first blog post. I've been thinking about doing this for a while, because I love thinking outside of my head. Sometimes my thoughts are so jumbled that it's nice to write them out and see a semblance (sp?) of order. Plus, I think I'm kind of random and kooky and I'd love to know what you think about my neuroses. 'Cause nothin' says you're crazy like posting your random thoughts for 5 billion people to read.

So right now you would expect me to be knee deep in a Machiavelli paper, wouldn't you? Well, I'm not. In fact, this blog is the... third thing I've done tonight to procrastinate. The things I've done to procrastinate, in chronological order are:

Laundry
Cleaned out the cabinet beneath the bathroom sink
Dusted my lamp and desk with my sock (which was still on my foot)
Made this blog
Bought a Turkey
Dusted beneath the keys on my laptop

Yup, and the paper is due Friday. Guess I'd better start, huh?

Meg.

PS. I'd just like to say that when I have children, when they get to 7.665kg in weight, they'd better be walkin', because carrying that Turkey KILLED.

PPS. Kids come potty-trained, right?

5 Comments:

Blogger Carly said...

I know what you mean...

whenever I have a lot to do, I sort my sweaters by color. Just looking at those 3 shelves in my closet all sorted out, now, that's the PERFECT way to procrastinate.

Good luck on the paper, and keep the blog going.

January 13, 2005 2:45 p.m.  
Blogger arimich said...

I'm so happy you have a blog! YAY! I'm glad God made a Meg.

January 14, 2005 10:00 a.m.  
Blogger Queen of West Procrastination said...

Hi, roomie! Update your blog!

January 15, 2005 5:07 p.m.  
Blogger Life of Turner said...

The pressure's on...you're being added on the "friends" list. Now you have to update! Hah!

Derek out.

January 23, 2005 10:45 p.m.  
Blogger arimich said...

I miss you! All I ever see are comments on other people's blogs. Where's my Meg? Grrr...

January 25, 2005 10:05 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home