Wednesday, January 26

Alright, I'll update my freakin' blog...

Sorry to all of you who have been waiting with baited breath for me to update my blog. To be honest, it has been far more amusing watching people's reactions to my lack of posting than it has been to actually update it. 7 comments from people encouraging me to post something! I must be the most famous non-blogger in the world! I rock! :P

So what has been going on with me, you ask? Oh, plenty. You'll be happy to know that I finished my papers and handed them in, albeit fourteen days late :( . Now I've started on a new semester, where the same thing will happen again! No, seriously, I'm really trying to work out why writing is so hard for me. I think I'm naturally a short-winded person (if there is such a thing), and stretching things out, extrapolating, and (as my roommate Maryanne would say,) beating a dead horse is incredibly difficult for me. This semester I have at least four 4-5 page papers due, but I'm hardly worried about them at all. It's the 18-20 page biography on Trudeau's role in the Quiet Revolution that I'm freaking out about, and it's not even due until the 30th of March!

Last Thursday I met with Pastor Cheryl, the chaplain at Luther College to try and get to the bottom of my problems with writing. She and I had a really good meeting, and we talked a lot about the origins of my .. uh .. troubles (?). She's a really kind person, and she actually listens to me, unlike the crazy lady at Counselling Services that I saw last year. If you're a Christian, don't go to see a non-Christian counsellor, especially if you're going to be talking about personal things. Really, how can anyone advise you on who you were created to be, if they don't even believe you were created? The lady I met with was spiritual, no doubt about it, but I'm learning over again each day to put my faith in God, not in some semi-precious stones or my chakras. If you guys think of it, I'll be meeting Pastor Cheryl at 1:15 again this Thursday and I would really appreciate your prayers. I've been struggling with writing and avoidance issues for almost nine years now (wow, that's a long time), and I'd really like to come to some sort of resolution soon. Maybe, like Paul's thorn, writing for me will always be something that I never truly overcome so that God's glory would be complete in me. Although somehow I don't think that God intended for me to be utterly incapacitated, defeated, and curled up in a ball crying because I can't get the knowledge from my head onto the paper. Your prayers regarding this are super welcome, I need all the spiritual fuel for the battle that I can get!

What am I doing right now, you ask? Well, I can tell you what I'm not doing, and that's reading about the Charter of Rights and Freedoms or writing my one-page opinion pieces for Comparative Politics. Maybe I've been taking too many cues from my procrastinating roommate! No, that's not true - I'm actually really proud of her for all the good work she's been doing lately. She's really been making a good effort, especially after the IVCF retreat this past weekend.

Anyway, I've been at this far too long, and homework awaits. Thank-you all for putting up with me during my hiatus, and providing me with endless amusement with the continuous commenting to try and get me to post (because of course I'd have enough time to read your comments, but not enought time to post, right?). Or maybe I just have a taciturn disposition, unwilling to speak unless I will say something that will amaze the whole room.

Anyway, love to you all. Talk to you soon,

Lizzie Bennet a.k.a. Meg.

P.S. Almost forgot the Question of the Day! If you could live in any country in the world other than the one you live in now, where would you live? I think I wouldn't mind living in Iceland. Ever since the Amazing Race 6 went there, I've been obsessed with how beautiful, rugged and isolated it is - funny, considering I love cities. But most of all, I love living in Canada.

6 Comments:

Blogger Queen of West Procrastination said...

Huzzah! She has returned! Now I shall wait all the more with baited breath for the NEXT update! Now I'll check daily! :)

Love you! I hope you haven't learned any bad procrastination habits from me.

January 26, 2005 10:08 p.m.  
Blogger Life of Turner said...

Whee! Living up to the link! The answer to your question, as far as I know, is Ontario. Because living in Ontario would be like living in another country.

Derek out.

January 26, 2005 11:11 p.m.  
Blogger Becca said...

hey!!! yay! now I get to know about you!!!
I've been praying for you hon - thinking of you lots... hope today went well... for the question of the day... can I say "CANADA"? that's my answer for now - anywhere in Canada at this point is fine - I'm doing ok here in Ohio - if God called me here longer that would be ok - but I need to come back to my Canada for life I think...
Anyhow - glad to know you are still watching the Amazing Race - miss watching it with you seeing as that's the only time I watch it...
Ok long enuf comment- talk to you later
Becca

January 27, 2005 5:19 p.m.  
Blogger arimich said...

Becca, I agree. I would probably choose Canada. It's kinda nice for me though, 'cause I get the best of both worlds - Canada and Taiwan. Yay. If not there, hmmm...I've been thinking South Africa, or Beijing, or maybe...England/Italy (just to visit). Oops...I think I've caught the travel bug! Oh my head. :) So glad your back, Meg. I missed you! Love you tons and tons, Ari.

p.s. Ontario is like another country! haha.

January 28, 2005 11:31 a.m.  
Blogger trisha said...

heh heh heh... betcha didnt know i read your blog! hehehe. i know SOOOOOO MUCH about you now... since we spent like one weekend together for the retreat. hey it was tons of fun. glad i could get to know you bette. now, i have to say, the amazing race is pretty amazing. and i wanna visit like everywhere they've been (the episode in russia last season... whoa! that castle was intense). as for living... definitely canada. living away from canada for a while made me realize how much i really love my country (*tear*). take care meg.

January 28, 2005 1:40 p.m.  
Blogger trisha said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

January 28, 2005 1:41 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home