Tuesday, October 25

How I made a little girl's day

Today I asked a friend's daughter to be my flower girl. I have known Anna for about a year and a half, and I have never seen her so happy! First she smiled, then she blushed, then she quietly said, "Yes." She didn't really want to know any of the particulars (like what kind of dress she'll be wearing), she mostly just smiled, and smiled some more. Yet I know that she was thrilled. I explained that she'd get to wear a dress and carry flowers, and that she'll be in lots of pictures that day. I did avoid mentioning that she'd be walking by her self in front of a packed church - I didn't want to scare her. Thankfully she'll be walking toward her Dad, who is the priest performing the ceremony.

I'm glad that she's so excited about doing this. Seeing her face light up reminded me of being a little girl, and how I'd always wanted to be a flower girl. So many of my friends had, but with both of my parents being only children, there were no cousins or aunts and uncles to ask me. Anna's mom mentioned that she was worried that Anna would never have the chance because she was getting a bit old for it (she's nine), but that's exactly why Karl and I asked her - we knew her personality, and we knew that she would be reserved enough not to be a distraction, but beautiful enough for everyone to take notice.

I've never knowingly made a little girl's day before, but it was a good feeling.

3 Comments:

Blogger Queen of West Procrastination said...

Never knowingly made a little girl's day before. "Meggy hat?" "Meggy play playdoh?" "Kira play playdoh with Meg."

I'm thrilled that you guys are having a flowergirl, and that you made Anna so happy. That will be thrilling. Yes, thrilling.

(Your wedding's going to be awesome. Especially the hot bridesmaids.)

October 25, 2005 11:45 p.m.  
Blogger Meg Persson said...

Whoa, how'd you find my blog, Mary?

October 27, 2005 6:44 p.m.  
Blogger Queen of West Procrastination said...

Um, remember how you used to post on this blog? And then one day I randomly checked to see if you were updating (very, very bored) and you were!

October 28, 2005 7:19 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home