Thursday, November 3

My Cat's Breath Smells Like Cat Food

Yes folks, I actually though these words this morning. Roommate C's cat stuck her nose in my face because she wanted to be petted, and I thought to myself, "Ugh, Molly - you smell like cat food." Like, duh. She's a cat. I have now transformed into Ralph Wiggum.

Not much has happened in my life this week, at least wedding-wise. No, wait - that's not true. On Tuesday Karl got a sample wedding service from our priest, and it's as high Anglican as you can get. It was beautiful, but I think we may need to adapt it a bit for our needs. It's great because I've had all sorts of fun ideas for our service, and this confirms that I'm not far off the mark. I'm really looking forward to putting this together (uh, with Karl, of course).

Other events of the week included having dinner at Earl's with Andrew for his birthday. He turned one year closer to the age that I will be for another 3 weeks. Sigh.

Last night Karl and I had dinner with Mike & Julia, and Karl made a fabulous dish of Indian butter chicken. We had spinach and tomato salad (finding out afterwards that Mike doesn't like tomatoes! Thankfully he picked them out), and I used that opportunity to buy one of my favourite wines. Fortunately for me, that particular Riesling goes well with Indian food. Okay, why do I know things like that? Because I'm pretentious, that's why. M&J and I had lots of fun conversations while Karl cooked, including a great debate about the purpose and usefulness of unions.

In other news, I am the most forgetful person ever. No, really - I am. I was supposed to meet with a couple girls for coffee on Tuesday, and I completely forgot. And I was the one that set it up! They even tried phoning me to see what was up, but I had turned off my cellphone because it was almost dead. Grr.. I was disappointed when I found out I'd missed them.

Finally, I'd just like to give a quick shout-out to the monkeys that work at CIBC: thanks for preventing me from doing my online banking for an entire month while you lied to me. Yeah, I sure didn't need some magical temporary password to sign on. An especially big shout-out goes to the last monkey who tried to make me feel stupid as I explained to him what the other monkeys had told me, and as he "talked" me through the sign-in process. I say "talked" because he essentially shouted out rapid-fire commands at me and I couldn't keep up, forcing him to have to repeat himself. Yeah, a big thanks to you all.

On that happy note, I'm off to eat lunch. Bye!

-M.

1 Comments:

Blogger arimich said...

Meg, you are fantastic. I'm sorry to hear about your silly bank. I've never really liked monkeys - they're scary. Have a beautiful day, hon.

November 03, 2005 7:46 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home