Wednesday, February 8

It's a sad day for this Junkie.

I have a new favorite blog. That is, I had a new favorite blog - until today.

You see, through some interesting linkage (that I won't bother to go into detail about), I discovered Monte Solberg's blog. Solberg is the Conservative MP from Medicine Hat, and was named Minister of Citizenship and Immigration in Harper's new cabinet.

This guy is really funny. No, he's seriously funny - like the kind of funny where if you invited him over for dinner your eyes would water and your stomach muscles would hurt for days because you laughed so hard the entire time as he regaled you with his stories. Yeah, that kind of funny.

Unfortunately, he feels that keeping his blog would interfere with his new duties as a Cabinet Minister. While I agree that's true, I think his decision goes a little deeper than that - as a new Cabinet Minister all of his actions will be under media scrutiny, and that includes online journals. As an opposition member, probably the only people who read his blog were his constituents and maybe his children. But now, lots of people will be interested in the private thoughts of the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, and these people will probably not take too kindly to his love of naps and Tim Hortons.

So, now we must say goodbye to Monte Solberg, friend and confidante, and say hello to the Honorable Monte Solberg, Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, and Minister Responsible for lots of stuff.

Here's hoping they keep his archives up for a while.

2 Comments:

Blogger Meg Persson said...

That's awesome! Maybe I'll get the courage up to do mine someday soon... ish.

February 08, 2006 11:23 p.m.  
Blogger Koheleth said...

Okay - I posted on my blog, despite my better intentions - apparently I've entered the realm of cutting edge technology and experimental pseudo-biographies. Grumble, grumble...

February 10, 2006 1:23 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home