Saturday, December 31

It's shaping up to be a good day

Well, I'm back from Cow-town, folks, and today has been a very restful day. This morning I slept in until 11:15, and I don't even feel groggy. Right now it's snowing my favourite kind of snow (the fluffy kind), and I have an adorable, ornery cat purring beside me on my bed. Unfortunately, she had quite the adventure getting up here - since I sleep in a loft bed, she had to find a way to jump up to this level. She chose the route that involved my dresser, knocking over my mirror in the process. It was quite the racket, but she looked so pleased with herself for making the jump that I had to forgive her. I think that I will have to be brave enough to pick her up in order to get her down, though. Wish me luck. (like I said, she's ornery!)

Christmas was really good. And interesting. Interestingly good, I guess. Karl and I and his family went to Calgary to stay with his grandmother and uncle. Karl and I were finally able to get some time together and talk over what happened this semester. For a while at the end of the semester, I don't think either of us were too interested in continuing this relationship. Fortunately we were able to have a couple of frank discussions, and some wonderful people we know helped give us advice. I think now we have the skills to make our communication better. I hope that this coming semester will be a good test of what we have learned, because skills and abilities untried are just good intentions.

I also had some good bonding time with Karl's family this Christmas, especially with his sisters. Before we went away, Karl's sister Karen and I went shopping together and found her bridesmaid dress. Both she and I were super excited about our find, and the rest of the family was too. I'm starting to feel more like I'm part of the family, as weird as that is for me. Growing up as an only child and living on my own/with roommates for 6 years hasn't exactly helped me understand family dynamics, but things are coming along. One of Karl's cousins told me that I am the best thing to have happened to his family, and although I don't agree with her meaning behind that statement (her family has never been a big fan of Karl's), it was really nice to feel accepted.

Well, I think it's time I went out and enjoyed the snow for a bit. I hope all of you had a good Christmas and that you have a great New Year's too.

2 Comments:

Blogger Queen of West Procrastination said...

Boy, do I feel relieved to hear you and Karl relaxed and communicating. I spent Christmas praying for you crazy kids. And it's fun getting extra sisters. I got me a hilarious one.

December 31, 2005 6:02 p.m.  
Blogger arimich said...

I'm jealous of your fluffy snow. And I'm so happy to hear things are going well. I really wish I could be there to visit more with you guys. Happy New Year, and God bless you in 2006!

January 01, 2006 12:46 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home